So many customers want to save a few extra dollars that they buy many of their household products from stores that simply offer the lowest price. While buying tea towels at discount may not be much of a big deal, though, buying scented candles by price alone is not a smart move. There are many reasons why buying quality candles is important:
1) Quality scented candles have better wax quality. The reason why quality candles cost a little more is because candle makers use higher-quality (and therefore, more expensive) ingredients in making these candles. In turn, better wax quality means that candles burn better.
2) Quality scented candles are less dangerous. Lower-quality candles can have fillers and other impurities in their wax. A few years ago, there were some studies showing that some foreign-made candles actually had lead in their wicks. Heating lead in your home can be very toxic. When you buy quality candles, you are often purchasing a better product. Makers of quality scented candles have reputations to uphold and these manufacturers take care to ensure that their products are safe.
3) Quality scented candles are longer-lasting. This means that they can often save you money. Low-quality candles are often mass-made with little thought to design and are often made with many fillers, as well. This can cause them to burn unevenly and very quickly, meaning that you may have to replace candles far more frequently. With quality scented candles, you can often enjoy the same candle for many, many hours.
4) Quality scented candles boast more complex scents. Cheap candles often come in a few, one-note scents – rose, linen, cucumber. While there is nothing wrong with that, it can get a little boring. Quality scented candle manufacturers spend a lot of time coming up with unique and pleasant scents that combine several “notes” – just like fine perfumes. You may enjoy scented candles with rose, vanilla, and bergamot fragrances together, for example.
5) Quality scented candles have purer scents. Cheap candles often have fillers and are made of cheap wax. When burned, you may smell more petroleum and wax than scent. Some cheap candles are only coated with scent, so that their perfumes quickly fade out and disappear. Some are made with synthetic scents that smell only vaguely like the intended fragrance. All of this is hardly pleasing. When you choose quality scented fragrances, though, you enjoy exactly the scent you paid for.
6) Quality scented candles have scents that are present even when the candle is not lit. Low quality candles are just not very fragrant, but quality products can subtly fragrance a room or even a linen drawer when unlit. This means that you can actually get more fragrance and use from these candles.
7) Quality scented candles offer more selection. Quality scented candles allow you to choose from many colors, shapes, and sizes. Quality scented candles allow you to choose from an entire palate of scents so that you can select the perfect product for yourself.